This is a story snatched from the headlines where we can still read about tensions & fear in the country of Sudan—now Sudan and South Sudan. The Civil War that lasted over two decades, starting in 1983 and ending in 2005, saw 2 million people killed and millions more displaced.
Though peace supposedly returned to this land with the decision to divide Africa’s largest county into independent nations, recent headlines tell another story.
The links below tell the story that became very personal for Heart & Soul Comunity Church when some ten Sudanese refugee families ended up in Rochester, NY. and the Rochester Connection relationship to them.
- Read More about the proposed RC Uduk Hope Partnership
- Doro Camp Site Visit Objectives
- Read More: 2015 Facts About the Doro Camp
- UN Report on the DORO camp 2011
- Personal Interview with Salle & Rumthus
- Sudanese Refugees Arrive at Heart & Soul Community Church in Rochester, NY
- Anthropologist Dr. Wendy James and the Uduk People
- Uduk Language Choir
Some Old Links: