Reposted from 2008 on 8/9/2018
The stated mission of the Rochester Connection is to fulfill the Christ’s Great Commission by:
(1) Strengthen existing churches through:
- Networking leadership
- Sharing resources
- Partnering with other churches
- Consultation and strategic planning, and
(2) To plant new churches and other forms of ministering communities
Since early 2007, RC has been engaged with multiple inner city congregations exploring ways of networking ministries and resources to have a greater impact for Christ across their neighborhoods.
How is the Rochester Region Initially Defined?
- Rochester Region FMC Churches and Others
- Northeastern Seminary
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- All who are like-minded
What are the Rochester Connection’s Initial Objectives?__
- To facilitate the growth of the Church in general in the Rochester, NY region by launching/re-launching new Free Methodist churches and/or other forms of Christian ministering communities.
- To provide strategic planning and consultation to the churches as requested.
- To recruit and train members of FM churches in the Rochester region to develop short and long term ministry teams to impact the city of Rochester and grow the church.
- To provide opportunities for ministry and education for students matriculating at and graduating from Northeastern Seminary and Roberts Wesleyan College.
- To intentionally seek the inclusion of all people groups within the population
- To intentionally seek partnerships and networking in ministry across denominational lines to benefit the City, the region, and Christ’s Church in general.
- To bring together the best of Free Methodist and community resources to model growth and leadership potential for the denomination.
- To develop the idea of strategically placed, shared “Ministry Centers” to serve the whole needs of the whole city across denominational lines.
The Rochester Connection (RC) is a non-profit ministry of the Genesis Conference of the Free Methodist Church with the goal of networking Kingdom resources within and across denominational lines to facilitate church growth and Christian ministry with a particular focus on, but not limited to, the city of Rochester and its region.
The Rochester Connection is registered with New York as a not for profit ministry and is a tax exempt 501(c)3 charity under the Free Methodist Church of North America.
The Executive Director does not receive any compensation from contributions to the Rochester Connection Project Fund.
In Christ’s Service,
Rev. Dr. Brian D. Babcock
Founder & Executive Director Rochester Connection